This is maintenance release.
VersionCorrector is tool that can correct bug in XAML compiler.When your WPF assembly is strongly named (signed) and uses ato-generated version numbers (like AssemblyVersionAttribute("1.0.*")) and your XAML files refrences types declared in same assembly, the reference contains bas version number
See Bug at Microsoft ConnectWarning
: This tool manipulates your assembly at byte-level and it can corrupt it.New in this version
- Fix: When name of assemby is (in assembly binary) preceded with character that is same as first character of name of assembly, it is skipped.
- Wildchars can be used in filename
- Automatically skips *.vshost.exe
- Does not attepmt to re-sign assemblies that haven't been strongly named prior to binary manipulation
- Wildchar pattern supports special extension .dllexe - this causes .dll and *.exe to match wildchar pattern.
- Improved output to console
Source can be found in repository under DevelopmentTools\VersionCorrector.Known imitations
- Can only replace version numer of same length and thus does not work between midnight and 05:33:20 (this is not a joke). You'd better sleep than work in these hours :-) This is technical limitation, because revision number is generated as 1/2 of seconds past midnight, and its 10.000 at 05:33:20.